Author Notes: Little mint chip cookie dough bites bathed in rich, silky dark chocolate are the perfect, satisfying snack. These nourishing bites are grain-free, dairy-free, and not too sweet. Best part, these delightful little bites are low carb and keto-friendly. —Rose Cormier
Makes: 20-24 bites
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hrs
cup blanched almond flour
cups cups shredded unsweetened coconut (finely shredded, not the big chips)
tablespoons butter, ghee, or coconut oil, room temperature
cup REBBL Mint Chip Protein
tablespoon raw cacao (or cocoa powder)
teaspoon mint extract (optional) or fresh mint
cup mini dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
ounces dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
teaspoon coconut oil
- Add the almond flour and shredded coconut to the food processor. Pulse enough until the shredded coconut is more finely ground. Add the dates and process until it becomes a paste.
- Add the butter (ghee or coconut oil), the REBBL Mint Chip Protein Elixir, raw cacao and mint extract. Process until a dough forms. Stir in the cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips by hand.
- Add the dough to a bowl or container and cover. Or wrap in parchment paper. Chill for approximately 30 minutes. This helps the dough to firm up and makes it easier for forming / rolling.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. After the dough has chilled, using a small cookie dough scoop or a tablespoon, scoop the dough and roll into balls. Place the balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a small deep bowl, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together in a double boiler or in 30 second intervals in the microwave, watching it carefully. Allow the melted chocolate to cool slightly.
- Remove cookie dough bites from freezer and dip into melted chocolate using two forks. Let the excess drip off. Place back on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes to set. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.