We just love the flavor of sage with breakfast sausage and created this one day for a Sunday evening meal. Of course you can use regular breakfast sausage if you are not into sage and substitute fresh chopped basil for the sage. —loubaby
- Serves 4
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Breakfast Pork Sausage with Sage
fresh sage, chopped
Salt and Pepper
Half and Half
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 6 cup shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Peel and slice potatoes; arrange 1/3 of them in baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Crumble 1/2 of sausage over potatoes.
- Combine ricotta, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and sage in bowl; spoon and spread 1/2 of mixture over sausage and potatoes.
- Repeat layering of 1/3 potatoes, season with salt and pepper, remaining sausage and remaining cheese mixture.
- Top mixture with remaining potatoes. Combine eggs, half and half and remaining parmesan cheese in bowl; pour over potatoes.Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking about 15 minutes til potatoes are brown and tender.