If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a combination of my grandmother's traditional East Indian Lentil recipe with the flavours of the middle east —SandyS
- 1 cup Mixed Lentils
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Diced Onion
- 1 cup Diced Zuchini
- 0.5 cups Diced Mushrooms
- 3 teaspoons Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper (Or To Taste)
- 14 ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes
- Rinse Lentils Thoroughly
- Add lentils & water to a pot and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat & simmer lentils for 20 minutes or until tender
- In a separate skillet, over medium heat, Saute the Onion, zuchini & mushroms in Olive Oil until they are tender
- Add the cumin seeds and cayenne pepper to the skillet and fry until the seeds are brown
- Add the tomatoes to the skillet & simmer over low heat until the lentils are ready
- Combine the vegtables with the lentils and simmer for 10 minutes
- Serve over Basmati rice
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils