Ballarini Professionale Nonstick Fry Pan
+ $ shipping surcharge
Industry (high) standard.
"These no-nonsense Ballarini professional skillets, available from Italy for the first time, are worth adding to the kitchen arsenal." –Florence Fabricant, The New York Times
If you’ve peeked into a restaurant kitchen you know how intense and fiery (literally) it can get in there! The fry pans crowding the cooktop are in constant motion—shaking, tossing, bouncing to a new heat source, and pouring. Ballarini Professional Nonstick Fry Pans are made to withstand that kind of workout—and now you can have one in your very own kitchen!
Ballarini hails from Italy and they’ve been making pots and pans since 1889. Their kitchenware is still made in Italy today, and these industrial-strength and industrial-chic fry pans have the skills it takes to be the best. Their features include:
- 5mm thick, cold-forged construction, which means excellent heat distribution and fewer of those inconsistent hot spots (and superior flat-base stability);
- An easy-to clean brushed aluminum exterior;
- A hollow-tube handle that helps it stay cool—and rivets that reinforce the handle strength;
- Compatibility with most cook tops (except induction);
- Oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and dishwasher safe, too;
- Professional-grade PFOA-free nonstick designed with intense use in mind (a.k.a. these pans can take a beating and they’re metal utensil safe);
- Reinforced with ceramic particles for extreme durability.
Don your best apron, head to the kitchen with your Ballarini, and feel like the next Anthony Bourdain, Jacques Pepin, Gabrielle Hamilton, or Dominique Crenn.
Photography by Rocky Luten & James Ransom
Details & Materials -
Aluminum with Kerastone nonstick coating (PFOA, heavy metal, and nickel-free coating).
8" is 8" in diameter (15" L with handle) x 1.5" H; 9.5" is 9.5" in diameter (19" L with handle) x 1.75" H; 11" is 11" in diameter (21.5" L with handle) x 1.9" H; 12.5" is 12.5" in diameter (24.75" L with handle) x 2" H; 9.5" Deep Fry is 9.5" in diameter (19.5" L with handle) x 3" H; 11" Deep Fry is 11" in diameter (22" L with handle) x 3" H
Care & Notes -
Compatible with most cooktops, though not compatible with induction. Oven safe to 500 degrees F. Dishwasher safe. Kerastone Nonstick coating is PFOA, heavy metal, and nickel free. Coating is safe for use with metal utensils, although using wood or silicone utensils is recommended.
Meet the Maker
Hailed for their no-nonsense professionalism, Ballarini pans are designed to be user-friendly—and not at the expense of style (call it industrial-chic). The same can be said of all its products, made in Italy since 1889. *Allora*, take these pans out at your next dinner party.View Full Profile
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
Say cheese (or meat, or fruit, or...).
Does your taste run more simple or jazzed up?
Golden, lofty loaves without a fancy oven.
A Similar Style
Elsewhere on Food52
Today’s Top Story
So Hot Right Now