Ballarini Professionale Nonstick Sauté Pan, 9.5"
+ $ shipping surcharge
For tossing, frying, stirring & more.
"These no-nonsense Ballarini professional skillets, available from Italy for the first time, are worth adding to the kitchen arsenal." –Florence Fabricant, The New York Times
Toss stir-fried veggies to crisp-tender perfection, stir up a silky-smooth pan sauce, or deep-fry a few doughnut holes in this wide, sauté fry pan from Ballarini. The thick, cold-forged aluminum makes this pan an excellent, even conductor of heat, and it’s able to withstand the oven up to 500°F. The rounded edges are also ideal for catching every last bit in the pan with a wooden spoon or a spatula. Ballarini hails from Italy and has been making pots and pans since 1889. Their kitchenware is still made in Italy today, and their industrial-strength and industrial-chic pots and pans have the skills it takes to be the best. Their features include:
- 4mm thick, cold-forged construction, which means excellent heat distribution and fewer of those inconsistent hot spots (and superior flat-base stability);
- An easy-to clean brushed aluminum exterior;
- A hollow-tube handle that helps it stay cool—and rivets that reinforce the handle strength;
- Compatibility with most cook tops (except induction);
- Oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and dishwasher safe, too;
- Professional-grade PFOA-free nonstick designed with intense use in mind (a.k.a. these pans can take a beating and they’re metal utensil safe);
- Reinforced with ceramic particles for extreme durability.
Don your best apron, head to the kitchen with your Ballarini, and feel like the next Anthony Bourdain, Jacques Pepin, Gabrielle Hamilton, or Dominique Crenn.
Photography by Rocky Luten
Details & Materials -
Aluminum with Kerastone nonstick coating (PFOA, heavy metal, and nickel-free
9.5" in diameter (19" L with handle) x 2.5" H
Care & Notes -
Compatible with most cooktops, though not compatible with induction. Oven safe to 500 degrees F. Dishwasher safe. Kerastone Nonstick coating is PFOA, heavy metal, and nickel free. Coating is safe for use with metal utensils, although using wood or silicone utensils is recommended.
Meet the Maker
Hailed for their no-nonsense professionalism, Ballarini pans are designed to be user-friendly—and not at the expense of style (call it industrial-chic). The same can be said of all its products, made in Italy since 1889. *Allora*, take these pans out at your next dinner party.View Full Profile
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
Cutting boards are some of the most-used kitchen tools, so it's important to choose the best one for your cooking style—here's everything you need to know about each material.
High-quality stainless steel should last a lifetime. Here's how to treat it well (and take care of its problem areas).
Give a taste of the season with our favorite edible gift: preserved lemons.
A Similar Style
Elsewhere on Food52
Today’s Top Story
So Hot Right Now
Tips & Techniques
Tips & Techniques