Self-Adhesive Wallpaper, Peonies
+ $ shipping surcharge
Dark walls—whether as an accent or for a whole room—are an easy way to make a space feel extra cozy. This wallpaper, with its dark grey background and thick gold line-drawings of gorgeous peonies, gives a room warmth with a touch of glam. Made of American-made, environmentally friendly materials, the brilliance of this wallpaper is that it’s self-adhesive and removable... which means we’re also putting it on cabinet shelves, dressers, and headboards, because cozy glam shouldn’t just be limited to walls.
Photography by Ty Mecham, Rocky Luten
Details & Materials -
Phthalate-free, VOC-free, lead-free vinyl
Each roll is 11 yards L x 20.5" W, or 56.37 square feet. Includes one (1) roll.
Care & Notes -
Wipe clean with a damp cloth. Tempaper should be applied to surfaces that are in good condition and have been painted with an eggshell, satin, or semi-gloss paint. We do not recommend applying Tempaper to matte or flat paints or textured surfaces. Wallpaper can be easily removed from the wall (leaving the wall scratch-free) and applied to a different wall.
Our tips for application:
- For maximum stickiness, clean your walls before you put the paper on, using a soft cloth spritzed with all-purpose cleaner. Buff dry before applying.
- Cut the first piece of paper about a foot longer than the height of your wall; since the patterns repeat every two feet or so, this will ensure that your second (and third, and fourth, etc.) pieces are tall enough to cover the wall.
- Press from the middle of the paper out towards the edges, using a scraper.
- If, as you stick one piece next to another, a gap starts to show between them, un-peel the sheet you're working with and line it up anew. Tugging on the edges of the paper, to get them to cover a gap, might result in warping that spot where your fingers are—after which it's much harder to get it to lay flat.
- Perfectionists might tend towards the busier patterns, which are more forgiving to minor mistakes.
Meet the Maker
Tempaper was started by two NYC set designers who were frustrated by the lack of options for self-adhesive, removable wallpaper. Thankfully, their designs aren’t just meant for sets—the easy-to-use wallpaper transforms any room in your home in just a few steps.View Full Profile
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
What happens when money, minimalism, and mindfulness intersect?
A DIY hand salve on a healing mission.
Give a taste of the season with our favorite edible gift: preserved lemons.
A Similar Style
Elsewhere on Food52
Today’s Top Story
So Hot Right Now
Tips & Techniques
Tips & Techniques