Self-Adhesive Wallpaper, Marbled
Inspired by the 12th-century Japanese art form Suminagashi (or “floating ink”), this marbled wallpaper has secrets—not only in the gorgeously detailed design, but in the wallpaper itself. Made in the USA, this wallpaper is self-adhesive and removable, in addition to being environmentally friendly, which means you can go to town on your walls (or shelves, or headboards, or cabinets), even if you’re renting. Another secret? Even though it looks like water, this wallpaper won’t absorb moisture or steam, which makes it perfect for a bathroom.
Photography by Ty Mecham, Julia Gartland
Details & Materials -
Phthalate-free, VOC-free, lead-free vinyl
Each roll is 11 yards L x 20.5" W, or 56.37 square feet. Includes one (1) roll.
Care & Notes
Wipe clean with a damp cloth. Tempaper should be applied to surfaces that are in good condition and have been painted with an eggshell, satin, or semi-gloss paint. We do not recommend applying Tempaper to matte or flat paints or textured surfaces. Wallpaper can be easily removed from the wall (leaving the wall scratch-free) and applied to a different wall.
Our tips for application:
- For maximum stickiness, clean your walls before you put the paper on, using a soft cloth spritzed with all-purpose cleaner. Buff dry before applying.
- Cut the first piece of paper about a foot longer than the height of your wall; since the patterns repeat every two feet or so, this will ensure that your second (and third, and fourth, etc.) pieces are tall enough to cover the wall.
- Press from the middle of the paper out towards the edges, using a scraper.
- If, as you stick one piece next to another, a gap starts to show between them, un-peel the sheet you're working with and line it up anew. Tugging on the edges of the paper, to get them to cover a gap, might result in warping that spot where your fingers are—after which it's much harder to get it to lay flat.
- Perfectionists might tend towards the busier patterns, which are more forgiving to minor mistakes.
Shipping & Returns
Cannot be shipped to U.S. Territories or P.O.Box/APO/FPO/DPO addresses.
View our Return Policy.
Meet the Maker
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
August heat, be damned!
From rustic to over-the-top fancy.
We’re going way beyond iced tea and lemonade.