Emile Henry Covered Vented Loaf Baker
Loaf’s little luxuries.
Talk about a game changer. This covered pan is inspired by vintage French bakeware, and specially made to give you picture-perfect sandwich-style bread. Wanna hear what else?
- Hello, golden crust: Vents in the lid keep the steam a-flowing while sending excess moisture packing, so your loaves have a wonderfully crispy outside and a fluffy-as-can-be inside.
- Room to grow: The base fits loaves up to 1 3/4 pounds—half a dozen dinner rolls, too—and the lid’s dome shape lets your bread rise up and up.
- Packs the heat: The French Burgundy clay it’s built from absorbs, distributes, and retains heat like nobody’s business. Oh, and bonus: Ridges on the bottom help spread the heat even more.
- Glazed to perfection: The creamy, hand-applied glaze may look a treat, but it’s also sturdy, since it won’t chip or crack over time. (It helps release your loaves more easily, too.)
- Tough as nails: Oven, broiler, microwave, freezer, dishwasher...this pan’s game for it all.
- Handcrafted in France: No wonder it fits right in with vintage French bakeware.
Meet the Maker
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
The latest "Dear Test Kitchen" is fresh outta the oven.
We invited the ultimate expert to the test kitchen.
Say hello to focaccia, three ways.