Reusable & Biodegradable Astrik Flatware
Take the convenience of plastic utensils, add a heavy dose of eco-friendliness, and what do you get? This biodegradable, reusable flatware. We’ve got more than a few reasons we’re fans...
- Biodegradable: Everything’s made from sugar cane starch and bamboo fiber—no plastic here—so it’ll decompose on its own in about two years’ time once its dining days are over. (That's a lot faster than the 1,000 years it takes a plastic utensil to break down!)
- Compost friendly: Have your own compost bin at home? These are good for that too.
- Tough as they come: Each piece can zip through the dishwasher up to 400 times—yep.
- Cleverly designed: That fork’s got beveled edges that let it double as a knife, too (who knew?).
- Sustainably sourced: That bamboo fiber we talked about? It comes from the leftover bits of bamboo that floor and furniture manufacturers couldn’t use.
- Party ready: These forks and spoons come in sets of 24 and 48—perfect for those times when you’re expecting a crowd.
- Take 'em to go: Since these dynamos are nice and lightweight, we’re slipping ‘em into our lunch bags, too.
Photography by Ty Mecham
Details & Materials -
Plant-based Astrik material: bamboo fiber and sugarcane
24-Piece Set includes 12 forks, 12 spoons
48-Piece Set includes 24 forks, 24 spoons
Each piece is 6.75" L x 1" W
Care & Notes
Dishwasher-friendly with a recommended lifetime of 400 washes. Prolonged exposure at temperatures higher than 200° F is not advised
Designed to compost within 2 years of disposal.
Shipping & Returns
View our Return Policy.
Meet the Maker
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
A hands-off technique that'll intensify any fruit.
Two legendary grilling techniques combine -- and we never have to worry about dry barbecued chicken again.
You don't need a recipe to make a burrito -- you just need to know the art of burrito rolling.