Five Two Ultimate Apron
Get to know our apron…you’re going to do great things together:
- Built-in pot holders at the bottom corners: Not one but two Food52ers wrote into our Aprons quiz with this clever idea and we ran with it. Our aprons’ pot holders are comfortably situated on the bottom-front corners, and have a cotton-terry lining for hand protection for all your stovetop needs (up to 250 degrees). We recommend using them for transferring a hot pan to the table, removing hot lids and knobs safely, etc.
- Sturdy fabric & stitching: 67% of you asked for a midweight fabric so spills won’t seep through to your clothes. We chose durable 100% cotton twill with reinforced stitching—simply put, it’s built to last.
- Plenty of coverage: It was one of your most requested improvements on the classic, so we added a few extra inches to the sides and back, as well as an extra-wide bib to protect you from every angle.
- Handy hanging loop: It’s specially placed inside the bib so you can hang your apron a little bit higher—this helps keep it from dangling on the ground.
- Adjustable neck strap: A metal buckle lets you fine-tune your fit based on your height—plus, the strap is generously wide to sit comfortably on your neck.
- Extra-long waist ties: We added a few inches and made the ties a bit wider for comfort, so you can loop them around your waist and tie in front. (This also just-so-happens to be a great place to tuck a kitchen towel.)
- Clever pocket construction: 70% of you asked for multiple pockets—we placed two roomy ones at the hip, plus a chest pocket, too (taller than it is wide, with handy stitching down the front so it can hold pens, a thermometer, and even reading glasses safely).
- Conversion chart at the ready: A handy chart lives just inside one pocket, for those moments when you’re a little too flour-covered to pull out your phone and check how many cups there are in a pint.
- A (very) good-looking design: We’ve got four Five Two hues to choose from: Blueberry, Smoked Salt, Maple, and Peppercorn. Meanwhile, the off-center stripes are a modern take on vintage apron styling.
Details & Materials +-
100% Cotton; Metal buckle: Zinc with antiqued brass finish
One size fits most. Measurements: 36" L x 32.5" W (excluding neck strap); Bib width: 12" across; Waist strap width: 1.25"; Waist strap length: 50" on each side; Neck strap width: 1"; Neck strap length: Approximately 25" when buckle is fully extended, 14" when fully tightened; Pot holders at bottom-front corners measure 7.5" L x 7" W.
Care & Notes +-
Please note: Our built-in pot holders provide hand protection up to 250 degrees. We recommend using them for stovetop use only.
Care instructions: When it’s ready for a rinse, simply toss it in the washing machine on cold with like colors (for tough stains, we’d recommend non-chlorine bleach). Lay flat to dry, or tumble dry low and remove promptly to avoid wrinkles. Use a warm iron if needed.
Shipping & Returns +-
View our Return Policy.
Photography by Rocky Luten
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
A cheater’s whipped cream stands proud and tall for hours.
An easy-to-remember formula from the legendary Irene Kuo.
We asked recipe testers to make Marcella Hazan's recipe—but ignore the instructions.
Five Two Ultimate Apron
A Similar Style
Elsewhere on Food52
Today’s Top StoryThe Genius Chopped Salad Everyone’s (Still) Talking About
So Hot Right Now
Absolute Best TestsThe Absolute Best Way to Cook French Fries, According to So Many Tests
Big Little RecipesVeggie Burgers You Could Make in Your Sleep