Five Two Ultimate Apron
Get to know our apron…you’re going to do great things together:
- Built-in pot holders at the bottom corners: Not one but two Food52ers wrote into our Aprons quiz with this clever idea and we ran with it. Our aprons’ pot holders are comfortably situated on the bottom-front corners, and have a cotton-terry lining for hand protection for all your stovetop needs (up to 250 degrees). We recommend using them for transferring a hot pan to the table, removing hot lids and knobs safely, etc.
- Sturdy fabric & stitching: 67% of you asked for a midweight fabric so spills won’t seep through to your clothes. We chose durable 100% cotton twill with reinforced stitching—simply put, it’s built to last.
- Plenty of coverage: It was one of your most requested improvements on the classic, so we added a few extra inches to the sides and back, as well as an extra-wide bib to protect you from every angle.
- Handy hanging loop: It’s specially placed inside the bib so you can hang your apron a little bit higher—this helps keep it from dangling on the ground.
- Adjustable neck strap: A metal buckle lets you fine-tune your fit based on your height—plus, the strap is generously wide to sit comfortably on your neck.
- Extra-long waist ties: We added a few inches and made the ties a bit wider for comfort, so you can loop them around your waist and tie in front. (This also just-so-happens to be a great place to tuck a kitchen towel.)
- Clever pocket construction: 70% of you asked for multiple pockets—we placed two roomy ones at the hip, plus a chest pocket, too (taller than it is wide, with handy stitching down the front so it can hold pens, a thermometer, and even reading glasses safely).
- Conversion chart at the ready: A handy chart lives just inside one pocket, for those moments when you’re a little too flour-covered to pull out your phone and check how many cups there are in a pint.
- A (very) good-looking design: We’ve got four Five Two hues to choose from: Blueberry, Smoked Salt, Maple, and Peppercorn. Meanwhile, the off-center stripes are a modern take on vintage apron styling.
Photography by Rocky Luten
Details & Materials +-
100% Cotton; Metal buckle: Zinc with antiqued brass finish
One size fits most. Measurements: 36" L x 32.5" W (excluding neck strap); Bib width: 12" across; Waist strap width: 1.25"; Waist strap length: 50" on each side; Neck strap width: 1"; Neck strap length: Approximately 25" when buckle is fully extended, 14" when fully tightened; Pot holders at bottom-front corners measure 7.5" L x 7" W.
Care & Notes +-
Please note: Our built-in pot holders provide hand protection up to 250 degrees. We recommend using them for stovetop use only.
Care instructions: When it’s ready for a rinse, simply toss it in the washing machine on cold with like colors (for tough stains, we’d recommend non-chlorine bleach). Lay flat to dry, or tumble dry low and remove promptly to avoid wrinkles. Use a warm iron if needed.
Shipping & Returns +-
View our Return Policy.
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
A cheater’s whipped cream stands proud and tall for hours.
An easy-to-remember formula from the legendary Irene Kuo.
We asked recipe testers to make Marcella Hazan's recipe—but ignore the instructions.
Five Two Ultimate Apron
A Similar Style
Elsewhere on Food52
Today’s Top StoryOur 34 Favorite Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Recipes
So Hot Right Now
Genius Recipes30 Genius Summer Desserts That Couldn't Be Easier
Grill/BarbecueHow to Smoke a Brisket (Plus, a Pitmaster-Approved Shortcut)