Jasper Hill Farm Cheese Tasting Box
For the love of cheese.
Let’s meet those cheeses, shall we?
- Alpha Tolman: Inspired by Alpine cheeses, it starts off with a buttery fruit-and-nut flavor, then gets a caramelized onion–like taste as it ages. We love it for fondue!
- Bayley Hazen Blue: Beloved by blue cheese fans for its fudge-like texture and toasted-nut sweetness, it’ll pair right up with burgers, salad, or a hunk of dark chocolate.
- Bridgman Blue: This one’s got notes of cow and goat milk, white pepper, and buckwheat honey. (We’d enjoy it over a juicy steak or with an herby beet salad.)
- Cabot Clothbound: A natural-rind, cloth-wrapped cheddar with a crumbly texture and nutty aroma. Savory and sweet, it goes with charcuterie, honey, you name it.
- Harbison: A tree bark–wrapped cheese that’s been soft-ripened for a spoonable texture. It’s woodsy, citrusy, and sweet—perfect for white wine and crusty bread.
- Highlander: This nutty, buttery cheese is inspired by Swiss Raclette. Thanks to its semi-firm texture, it’ll melt right over potatoes (don’t forget the pickles and cured meat).
- Little Hosmer: A mini New World–style Brie, it has notes of cauliflower, crème fraîche, and toasted nuts underneath its bloomy rind. Picnic, cheese board...your pick.
- Moses Sleeper: Inspired by a classic French Brie, it has notes of cauliflower, crème fraîche, and toasted nuts, too. Set it on a cheese board with crusty baguette, or bake it en croûte (then invite us over).
- Whitney is a meltable mountain-style cheese made with raw milk and washed with wine. It’s toasty with notes of cooked onion and roasted chicken. Fondue, mac and cheese, burgers...it’s all fair game.
- Willoughby: This one’s a washed-rind cheese with roast-beef and onion aromas, along with milky, peach-like flavors. We’re pairing it with juicy rosé and raw floral honey.
Let's not forget the accoutrements...
- Dilly beans: A savory treat from Pin Up Pickles, they’re crisp, tangy, and a just-right match for all kinds of cheese and charcuterie.
- Raspberry mostarda: Made by Blake Hill Preserves in partnership with Jasper Hill Farm, this sweet preserve goes especially well with bloomy-rind cheeses.
- Savory onion confit: Also from Blake Hill Preserves and Jasper Hill Farm, this stuff pairs right up with Alpine-style cheeses.
- Sea salt flatbread crackers: These crunchy snacks from Brewer’s Crackers are made with spent grains—a byproduct of beermaking—along with whole-wheat flour and a lil’ sprinkling of sea salt. They play well with any cheese, really.
- Salted almond farmhouse crisps: These light crisps from Jan’s Farmhouse have a fruity, nutty taste. We dare you to find a cheese they don’t like.
- Maple pecans: Squirrel Stash gives these pecans a boost of flavor with a classic maple cinnamon glaze. (They’re like little bites of pecan pie.)
- Mini jams: There’s four spreads from Blake Hill Preserves here—Spiced Plum with Port & Anise, Apricot with Orange & Honey, Orange Marmalade with Ten-Year Single-Malt Whisky, and Raspberry Mostarda with Vermont Ice Cider.
Photography by Ty Mecham & James Ransom
Details & Materials +-
Greensboro, Vermont where it is cave-ripened.
Allergen Notice: Contains dairy. Depending on your selection, your order may contain products made with wheat, barley, pecans, pumpkin seeds, or sesame seeds.
Cheese: Raw or pasteurized cow and/or goat milk, salt, rennet, cultures.
Brewer's Sea Salt Flatbread Crackers: Wheat flour, spent brewer's grains (barley, wheat), olive oil, honey, yeast, sea salt.
Jan's Salted Almond Crisps: Wheat flour, honey, buttermilk, almonds, golden raisins, pumpkin seeds, ground flax seeds, sesame seeds, brown sugar, baking soda, salt.
Blake Hill Raspberry Mostarda: Raspberry, cane sugar, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, spices, fruit pectin.
Blake Hill Apricot & Orange Preserves: Apricots, oranges, cane sugar, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon, fruit pectin.
Blake Hill Orange Marmalade with Whiskey: Valencia oranges, cane sugar, ten year single malt whiskey.
Blake Hill Spiced Plums with Port Preserves: Plums, raisins, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, port, spices, fruit pectin.
Dilly Beans: Fresh green beans, vinegar, water, pickling salt, garlic, dill.
Squirrel Stash Maple Pecans: Pecans, Vermont maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt.
Starter Kit: Includes 6oz Cabot Clothbound, 8oz Highlander, and 4oz Little Hosmer; 1.25lbs of cheese total.
Merrill's Top Picks: Includes 6oz Alpha Tolman, 10oz Bridgman Blue, 6oz Cabot Clothbound, 4oz Little Hosmer, and 9oz Harbison; 2.40lbs of cheese total, all hand-picked by Merrill, one of our founders.
Perfect Pantry Box: Includes 6oz Alpha Tolman, 8oz Bayley Hazen Blue, 6oz Cabot Clothbound, 8oz Highlander, 8oz Willoughby, and 9oz Harbison; 3lbs of cheese total.
Complete Sampler Box: 6oz Alpha Tolman, 8oz Bayley Hazen Blue, 10oz Bridgman Blue, 6oz Cabot Clothbound, 8oz Highlander, 8oz Little Hosmer, 8oz Willoughby, 9oz Harbison, 6oz Whitney; 4.70 lbs of cheese total.
Party Box: 1lb Alpha Tolman, 1.25lb Bridgman Blue, 1lb Cabot Clothbound, 1lb Highlander, 1lb Moses Sleeper, 8oz Willoughby, 9oz Harbison; 6.30lbs of cheese total.
The Diversion: Includes 1lb Cabot Clothbound, 8oz. Bayley Hazen Blue, 8oz. Willoughby, 9oz. Harbison, 4 (1.5 oz.) jars of preserves. 2lbs, 9oz. cheese total.
The Full Spread: Includes 6oz. Cabot Clothbound, 8oz. Bayley Hazen Blue, 8oz. Willoughby, 5oz. Harbison, 6oz. Alpha Tolman, 4oz Little Hosmer, 10oz. jar Raspberry Mostarda, 10oz. jar Onion Jam, 5 oz. Brewer's Flatbread Crackers, 4oz. Salted Almond Crisps, 3oz. Maple Pecans. 2lbs, 5oz. cheese total.
Care & Notes +-
It's best to store your cheese so that it is able to breathe without drying out. You can store it in a resealable container, while wrapped in its original wrapper (or a fresh sheet of wax or parchment paper). We don't recommend using plastic wrap to store your cheese. Refrigerate preserves after opening.
Shipping & Returns +-
View our Return Policy.
Meet the Maker
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
Marissa Mullen, Food52's Resident Cheese Plater, shows us how to make the perfect single-serving arrangement—so dinnertime can feel special even when we're not entertaining guests.
From a green-goddess Gouda to a silky truffled number, we've rounded up our absolute faves.
And it’s the centerpiece your table needs.
Jasper Hill Farm Cheese Tasting Box
A Similar Style
Elsewhere on Food52
Today’s Top StoryYou're Just 3 Ingredients Away From the Best Corn on the Cob
So Hot Right Now
The Kitchen ScientistHow to Store Carrots So They Last for Months