Porcini Powder and Dried Wild Mushrooms Collection
+ $ shipping surcharge
Wild and wonderful.
Mushrooms are one of those incredible ingredients that sings out in food, even when they aren't fresh. Dried and powdered mushrooms do amazing things in cooking -- whether you use them to make a stock, a sauce, a spice rub for meat, or even to flavor fresh pasta dough. These varieties of wild mushrooms from Wine Forest are some of the very best -- including Porcinis, Morels, Mousserons, and Black Trumpets.
Set of 3 includes porcini powder plus dried porcinis and mousserons.
Set of 5 includes porcini powder plus all dried varieties below.
- Porcini Powder: This utra-fine dried porcini mushroom powder has a rich, concentrated taste
- Dried Porcinis: These dried mushrooms have an earthy, woodsy taste
- Dried Mousserons: Also called 'fairy rings', these wild mushrooms have a similar taste to the porcini
- Dried Morels: Highly prized for their fleeting season, these mushrooms taste nutty and meaty
- Dried Black Trumpets: This strongly flavored funnel-shaped variety pairs especially well with potatoes and pasta, or sautéed in butter to bring out its intense aroma
Photography by James Ransom
Details & Materials -
Care & Notes -
Store out of direct light for one year.
Meet the Maker
Wine Forest's goal is to match our zealousness in providing chefs with mushrooms of exceptional beauty with the same zealousness in preserving the wild country from which they come. These foragers have provided restaurants with high end wild mushrooms and other wild foods for years, and are now selling them online, so we can taste the same flavors at home.View Full Profile
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
Merrill Stubbs tells us about the recipe she makes every other week.
A vegetable (plus cheese)?
From mayo to Sriracha: how to get that sauce just right.