Five Two x All For Farmers Ultimate Apron
Get to know our apron…you’re going to do great things together:
- Built-in pot holders at the bottom corners: Not one but two Food52ers wrote into our Aprons quiz with this clever idea and we ran with it. Our aprons’ pot holders are comfortably situated on the bottom-front corners, and have a cotton-terry lining for hand protection for all your stovetop needs (up to 250 degrees). We recommend using them for transferring a hot pan to the table, removing hot lids and knobs safely, etc.
- Sturdy fabric & stitching: 67% of you asked for a midweight fabric so spills won’t seep through to your clothes. We chose durable 100% cotton twill with reinforced stitching—simply put, it’s built to last.
- Plenty of coverage: It was one of your most requested improvements on the classic, so we added a few extra inches to the sides and back, as well as an extra-wide bib to protect you from every angle.
- Handy hanging loop: It’s specially placed inside the bib so you can hang your apron a little bit higher—this helps keep it from dangling on the ground.
- Adjustable neck strap: A metal buckle lets you fine-tune your fit based on your height—plus, the strap is generously wide to sit comfortably on your neck.
- Extra-long waist ties: We added a few inches and made the ties a bit wider for comfort, so you can loop them around your waist and tie in front. (This also just-so-happens to be a great place to tuck a kitchen towel.)
- Clever pocket construction: 70% of you asked for multiple pockets—we placed two roomy ones at the hip, plus a chest pocket, too (taller than it is wide, with handy stitching down the front so it can hold pens, a thermometer, and even reading glasses safely).
- Conversion chart at the ready: A handy chart lives just inside one pocket, for those moments when you’re a little too flour-covered to pull out your phone and check how many cups there are in a pint.
- A (very) good-looking design: We’ve got four Five Two hues to choose from: Blueberry, Smoked Salt, Maple, and Peppercorn. Meanwhile, the off-center stripes are a modern take on vintage apron styling.
Details & Materials +-
Materials: 100% Cotton; Metal buckle: Zinc with antiqued brass finish
One size fits most. Measurements: 36" L x 32.5" W (excluding neck strap); Bib width: 12" across; Waist strap width: 1.25"; Waist strap length: 50" on each side; Neck strap width: 1"; Neck strap length: Approximately 25" when buckle is fully extended, 14" when fully tightened; Pot holders at bottom-front corners measure 7.5" L x 7" W.
Care & Notes +-
Please note: Our built-in pot holders provide hand protection up to 250 degrees. We recommend using them for stovetop use only.
Care instructions: When it’s ready for a rinse, simply toss it in the washing machine on cold with like colors (for tough stains, we’d recommend non-chlorine bleach). Lay flat to dry, or tumble dry low and remove promptly to avoid wrinkles. Use a warm iron if needed.
Shipping & Returns +-
View our Return Policy.
Photography by Ty Mecham, Julia Gartland
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
This week’s Big Little Recipe comes from Vallery Lomas’ upcoming cookbook.
8 blueberry-filled recipes to make all summer long.
This edition of Amanda's kids' lunch is brought to you by Amanda's CSA haul: pattypan squash and broccoli (cooked in lots of olive oil and a little bit of water over high heat) with sour cream cilantro sauce and goat cheese, plus Greek yogurt with dark honey and blueberries for dessert. How are you cooking up summer's abundance of summer squash?
A Similar Style
Elsewhere on Food52
Today’s Top StoryThe Biscuits on 'Ted Lasso' Are Legendary—& We Got the Recipe
So Hot Right Now
Absolute Best TestsThe Absolute Best Way to Make Chewy Cookies, According to So Many Tests
Big Little RecipesThe Tale of Two Meatloaves