If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rich & Hearty chili... without the meat! - The Earthfood Experiment
- 1 Large Onion - Diced
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Guinness Extra Stout
- 28 ounces Can Whole Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 28 ounces Can Black Beans
- 2 Peeled and Diced Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Red Bell Peppers
- 2 Jalapenos
- 1 Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 6 Corn Tortillas
- Sliced Jalapenos to Garnish
- Cut bell peppers in half and place on a baking sheet along with whole jalapenos. Drizzle with olive oil and bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Saute' 1 large diced onion and 2 cloves of garlic in a couple Tablespoons of olive oil until caramel-y brown. About 10 minutes. De-glaze your pan with 1 Cup of Guinness.
- Add a 28 oz can of whole tomatoes and break up with the back of a large wooden spoon. Fill your can up with water and add that too.
- Stir in 2 palmfuls (about 2 T) of chili powder, 1 palmful (about 1 T) of cumin, 2 T. tomato paste, a 28oz can of black beans, and 2 peeled and diced sweet potatoes.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat & simmer uncovered for about 25 -30 minutes or until potatoes are soft and sauce is thickened.
- When peppers are done roasting, remove from heat and let cool. Lower oven to 350 degrees. Slice tortillas into strips (I like to do this with a pizza cutter), place on baking sheet, brush with olive oil, season with salt, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove charred skin from peppers and dice. When Sweet Potatoes are tender add the roasted peppers and a can of fire roasted tomatoes. Heat through.
- Garnish with chopped Cilantro, more sliced jalapenos, and crunchy tortilla strips. Put in Face!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.