If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Use lots of fresh citrus and only the freshest snapper for this ceviche! —garlic and zest
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, 1/4" dice
- 1/2 cup hothouse cucumber or regular cucumber, peeled, seeded and 1/4" dice
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 6 limes
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, 1/4" dice
- 3/4 pound fresh yellowtail snapper fillets or other ocean white fish, 1/2" dice
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded, 1/2" dice
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce (optional)
- tortilla chips for serving
- Juice the lemon and limes until you have about 1 cup of fresh juice.
- Place the diced snapper in a small glass bowl and pour in the fresh juice to cover the fish. Swish the fish around in the juice so that every piece floats in the liquid. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate 3-4 hours until the fish is "cooked" and opaque.
- In a large bowl, combine the red onion, bell pepper, cucumber, jalapeño, pineapple and cilantro.
- Set a fine mesh strainer over a small bowl and pour the fish into the strainer. Transfer the fish to the vegetable mixture. Spoon out 3-4 tablespoons of the citrus juices and add to the fish mixture. Add the diced avocado just before serving and gently toss the mixture together to combine. Season with salt and pepper and hot sauce (if using) to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips and a cold cerveza.