Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: Help protect the planet -- one trip to the farmers market at a time.
In honor of Earth Day, we're paying homage to the farmers market, which celebrates all things local, seasonal, and sustainable. Farmers markets provide the opportunity to connect with the people who grow and raise your food. Instead of pushing a shopping cart through a stuffy grocery store, you get to purchase your food outside, in the fresh air. What's not to love? This Earth Day (and every day), support your neighborhood farmers market. Just be sure to read these links before you go.
- First: Brush up on your market etiquette. (Modern Farmer.)
- How to make the farmers market the only place you shop. (The Kitchn.)
- Find out what's in season at your local market (and how to use it) with this interactive map. (Epicurious.)
- Take these 10 tips with you on your next trip to the market. (Serious Eats.)
- And, after you eat all the produce from your market haul, here's how to reuse the cartons. (Food52.)
Eco-friendly folks -- share your secrets in the comments!