Events at Food52
Candlelit dinners in our Test Kitchen, pop-up markets full of treasures to shop, and workshops that give a peek behind the scenes: our events are all about getting to know our community (that’s you!) and giving you more of Food52 you love. See you there!
Come See Us at Bloomingdale's
Now through January 31
When you're done shopping, see what else we're cooking up! We're bringing Food52 to life at Bloomingdale's 59th Street with special events. Get new recipes for your next celebration and learn our go-to tips and techniques for cooking, decorating, and more.
The Food52 Food Styling Workshop
New Dates to be Announced
Ever wonder how the pros make food look so beautiful and natural? Or how you can do the same with the delicious food you’re making at home? Come inside the Food52 NYC HQ and Test Kitchen and let our food stylists and editors Sarah Jampel and Ali Slagle show you their secrets for making your food look like its best self—whether it’s to impress your guests at your next dinner party or for your own website—and for taking professional-style photos with just a phone. No fancy equipment necessary.
You can see where we style and capture all the photos that appear on our website, in cookbooks, and on our social platforms. You’ll also have the chance to practice your own food styling and photography skills, be it for your personal joy or to show off on your own social platforms. You’ll get real-time feedback and tips, along with access to our arsenal of props, linens, and surfaces. Don’t worry—we’ll also tell you where you can find your own and which ones we like the best! And yes, we’ll be eating all of our creations—food stylists’ privilege.
- How to set a natural-looking scene, with an inside look into our arsenal of props and tools (and tips for scoring your own)
- The tools stylists tools use the most, including common household objects
- How to keep temperamental dishes fresh and lively-looking (including tricky, time-sensitive items like ice cream)
- How to make even monochromatic and brown dishes look delicious!
- How to capture the important moments (process or final shot, inspirational vs. explanatory), all with your iPhone (so it’s Instagram-ready!)
- Plating, scale, angle, and composition
The class will be inspired by our favorite recipes from our latest cookbooks, Ice Cream & Friends and Mighty Salads. Each student will go home with a copy of each book and a stylist discount to use for future purchases with Food52. Light refreshments and lunch will be provided.
To add your name to the waitlist for the next class, please fill out this quick form below.