Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: Show dad how much you care -- with grilled steak.
Raise your hand if you made reservations at a fancy steakhouse for Father's Day. You know what sounds better, though? Staying at home -- far away from the overpriced prix fixe menu -- and recreating the meal yourself. All you have to do is head to your local butcher, pick out the perfect cut, and grill it like a pro. He (and every other guest) will be so impressed that he won't even notice that you forgot a card.
- First: A primer on different cuts of steak. (Saveur.)
- If you're having trouble deciding on a cut, here are the 5 steaks you should be grilling now. (Food52.)
- Or, follow these six steps for the best grilled steak of your life. (The Kitchn.)
- A complete guide to grilling steak. (Serious Eats.)
- Got leftovers? Make tacos for lunch on Monday. (Bon Appétit.)
Grill masters -- share your secrets in the comments!