If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
If you're lucky, you went camping this summer. You cooled your tired feet in a bubbling stream, went to sleep with a knockout view of the stars, and woke up with your hair smelling like woodsmoke. There may or may not have been ghost stories and sing-alongs. We hope there was a guitar. One thing's for certain: There were s'mores. Can you even rightfully call something a camping trip if it doesn't include the holy trinity of graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate? No. No, you can't.
More: Everything tastes better in the great outdoors -- especially these 9 recipes.
For all of you who didn't make it on a wilderness adventure, don't let the joy of eating a s'more in the summertime pass you by. You can still achieve sticky, sugary, crunchy, chocolate-y bliss -- and you don't even need a campfire to make it happen. Though we certainly wouldn't be mad if you lit one, anyway.
Here's how to take your s'mores to the next level (or how to make them from the comfort of your living room):
1. For the ultimate artisanal s'more, bake your own graham crackers:
2. Substitute marshmallows for marshmallow fluff and you won't need a campfire to achieve the perfect goo:
3. Spread homemade nutella on s'mores instead of -- or better yet, in addition to -- throwing on chocolate slabs:
4. So you want to serve s'mores at a dinner party. Just make them into a tart and you have an elegant (yet whimsical) dessert:
5. When the woods are far away, don't light a fire in your kitchen (because that would be stupid). Turn on your broiler, instead:
8. And because it's impossible to decide between ice cream and s'mores, just mix them together:
What's your idea of the perfect s'more? Tell us in the comments!
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.