We've scoured the web for our favorite food blog posts, and now we're bringing them right to your desktop. It’s hard work, but someone has to do it.
As we approach back-to-school season, it's easy to start feeling nostalgic for the long, careless days we spent relaxing in the sun. But before we mourn the end of summer and turn our attention to fall, let's savor what we have. Tomatoes, zucchini, basil, corn, and eggplant are still in abundance -- so invite them into your kitchen this weekend. These links will show you how.
- For a brilliant twist on the classic PB&J, sandwich blackberry jam ice cream in between peanut butter cookies. (Honestly Yum.)
- These pistachio pop tarts are just like the ones from your childhood -- only better. (My Name is Yeh.)
- Showcase the jewels of summer with this heirloom tomato galette. (Local Milk.)
- Or, let your heirloom tomatoes shine in a simple panzanella salad. (The Yellow Table.)
- For a unique twist on plain old cake, make this mini zucchini cake with basil-lime frosting. (Two Red Bowls.)
- This pickled corn succotash salad is summer on a plate. (Dolly & Oatmeal.)
- For a tasty, energizing snack, roast cashews with turmeric and chia seeds. (Cook Republic.)
- Serve this smoky eggplant dish at your next party, but don't forget the pita chips! (Smitten Kitchen.)
Which food blogs inspired you this week? Tell us in the comments!