Now that we've got so many great cooks on the site, we thought it was time to start featuring some of the folks that catch our eye.
Sasa + Jan, a designer and an economist hailing from Slovenia, have uploaded a slew of recipes recently, and we like their style. Their photos are beautiful, and their recipes -- like Spinach Pie and this week's wildcard winner Mediterranean Octopus Salad -- tend to be simple yet thoughtfully conceived. Below are the answers to their profile Q&A. We encourage you to visit their page and become a fan!
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
Crocodile (Cuba) + Grasshopper (Slovenia)
- What do you cook when home alone?
Salad + Pasta
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
Knife + Knife
- Your ideal meal:
Of the boat fish on the grill
- Something you'd like a chance to eat or cook:
At el Bulli
- The number of bottles of wine you own:
A few, special ones and the rest are on the go
- Your least favorite food personality:
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- Kitchen pet peeve:
Mess + Over cleaning
- Your favorite cookbook:
St John, a Kind of British Cooking 1 and 2