If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Somewhere in and around teaching educational psychology at the college level and finishing up her own food memoir, Minneapolis-based JoanG has managed to concoct an array of deliciously inventive dishes. With an obvious knack for turning classic breakfasts (oatmeal, eggs, french toast) into experiences that will undoubtedly revolutionize your day (Mexican Chocolate Baked French Toast or Creamy Ramps with Eggs, anyone?), JoanG's food is the kind that makes you wish she were your mother -- for the morning, at least.
And, we would expect no less from a teacher than a real lesson in recreating the notion of the home cook. From her Peachy Sweet Wings, which unabashedly call for peach baby food (it's essentially peach purée anyway!), to her Peppery Salmon Cakes, which rely on pepper jelly for their kick, we can't help but want to stop by JoanG's for a taste of her ingredient creativity. So, JoanG, we ask you -- what's for dinner tonight and (let's pretend it's July) would it please end with The Very Best Fruit Crisp?
Read JoanG's profile Q&A below:
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- live sea urchin in Morocco
- What do you cook when home alone?
- a mix of leftover vegetables, grains and condiments with a scrambled eggs, ends of cheeses and creme fraiche.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My Cuisinart Convection/Toaster oven, or my Le Creuset cast iron gratin pan
- Your ideal meal:
- A pefect slice of quiche, a green salad with great vinagrette, and a crisp glass of wine
- Something you'd like a chance to eat or cook:
- Real caviar (to eat), salt cod (to cook)
- The number of bottles of wine you own:
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- Kitchen pet peeve:
- When my husband puts my utensils away in the wrong place
- Your favorite cookbook:
- Local Flavors by Deborah Madison and A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg
Quick! Make these summery recipes while there's still time
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
This week's #happylist.
Storage made crystal clear.