Brew that coffee! Pour that OJ! And settle in this morning to catch up on what's happening in the world of food. Here's what we're reading (and watching) this week.
• DIY Mustard (Sunset Magazine) -- recipes to make this oh-so-functional condiment at home. We're trying these with the crunchy sourdough pretzels from Martin's Pretzel Company in Union Square Market -- our entire office is addicted.
• Whoopie pie: big whoop? (The New York Times) -- Locals in Lancaster and Maine go at it.
• Given the fact that we use the stuff everyday, we're thrilled to have a solid word on everyday olive oil from Chef Sarah Jenkins (The Atlantic).
• In the spirit of self-education, a primer on sustainable fish (The Wall Street Journal)
• What can we say: we too are hooked on Gabrielle Hamilton-mania (The New York Times).
• Calling all Boston food52ers! Tis the season for maple syrup and we're tapping an urban maple source (The Boston Globe).
• An issue of serious importance, we are glad to hear that consumers are finally taking on supermarket tomatoes (The Atlantic).
• And, we leave you with a chuckle over Toys that really cooked! (Francis Lam)