If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- Mast Brothers chocolate bars from The Makers Project by Jennifer Causey; Peter Menzel's book project What I Eat: Around the World in 80 Diets, featured on TIME.com
Brew that coffee! Pour that OJ! And settle in this morning to catch up on what's happening in the world of food. Here's what we're reading (and watching) this week.
- • As a kickstart to the feed, we present this week's food52 Kickstarter project of the week: What Happens When is a temporary restaurant installation in NYC where the restaurant changes every 30 days for nine months. Intriguing, no?
- • Hold on to your apron and commit to scrolling through this fantastic slideshow of a worldwide day's worth of food, drawn from Peter Menzel's book project What I Eat: Around the World in 80 Diets. (Time)
- • While on a more sobering note, we think it is officially time to throw up a red flag and rethink American food systems when Millions of Americans Can't Always Afford Food. (ABC News)
- • And, listen to this! How 'Italian' Food Became a Global Sensation (NPR)
- • Truly one of life's most essential questions -- we ask you: How can I train my boyfriend to like stinky cheese? (The Atlantic Life Channel)
- • Saveur tips us off to a beautiful soon-to-be-released collection of great British food books published by Penguin -- on the list it goes!
- • We're workin' hard around here and bet you are too. For the insomniac in all of us: Late-Night Infotainment for Insomniac Chefs. (Huffington Post)
- • And, if you don't watch videos and would rather, oh say, read the dictionary, what encyclopedic "cookery" almanac do you use all the time? The blog of The Guardian takes a look at the notion of the cook's bible.
- • In the spirit of behind-the-scenes, we leave you with some eye candy from our local artisanal producers in Brooklyn: The Makers (a photo project by Jennifer Causey).
Orange wine, robo-pancakes, and more
Our favorite food reads.
Our haikus about gin.
We've got the summer blues.
Food blog links we love.
A better basket.