Brew that coffee! Pour that OJ! And settle in this morning to catch up on what's happening in the world of food. Here's what we're reading (and watching) this week.
• You learn something every day: we always wondered how the bark of a tree was turned into those tiny plugs for our favorite elixir. So that's how corks are made ... (wineanorak.com)
• Ever find yourself ranting on the wasteful 15-second life of takeout containers or bought food packaging? Behold the Austin grocers pioneering a zero waste, package-free system. It's about time we think of the fish. (Good)
• The bastard child of the poached egg and the over easy, we are obsessed with ruffly eggs. Thank you, Dorie, thank you. (Dorie Greenspan)
• Boy are we thankful for the good ol' First Amendment right about now: A food blogger goes to jail in Taipei. (Taipei Times)
• If the trailer is any indication, A Sustainable Reality promises to be an elegantly produced documentary of ideologically aware food communities springing up all over the country. (Kickstarter)
Get $10 off your first purchase of $50 or more.