A geologist, food blogger, wife and mother of three, Kitchen Butterfly is an active member of the food52 community. She likes the experimental (and forgiving!) nature of cooking, and has uploaded 17 recipes to the site. She writes recipes for new updates on old classics, like Pear and Ginger Tart Tatin (above), Apple and Celeriac Remoulade, and Salted Chocolate Caramel Shortbread. See her profile and fan her here.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
Deepfried, battered mussels - NEVER AGAIN!
- What do you cook when home alone?
Lemon curd, Lime curd and Orange curd
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
My onion chopper...(+cookbook stand)
- Your ideal meal:
Yoghurt with ginger jam and almonds
- Something you'd like a chance to eat or cook:
Chocolate sauce with a demi-glace base for savoury meals!
- The number of bottles of wine you own:
I don't drink wine...but I LOVE to poach pears in it!
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- Kitchen pet peeve:
Celery...in the fridge
- Your favorite cookbook:
Hot! Hot! Hot by Marianne Kiskola & Sanna Miettunen...and the September 2004 edition of Delicious magazine!
Get $10 off your first purchase of $50 or more.