If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
For the next two weeks, we're hosting our own Summer Food Fights on FOOD52 -- come play along! Big prizes await.
UPDATE: We have a winner!
Congrats to Susan Rubinsky, whose Surf Shack Weekend board won our contest with Saveur.com! We all loved her choice of summery recipes, and her supplementary photos -- like the scene-setting shots of the beach, the sand-dusted conch shells, and the shed filled with fishing gear -- won us over.
Thank you to everyone who played along!
See all that gorgeous produce right there? We want you to use it. All of it. Welcome to The Food52/Saveur Market Basket Pinterest Challenge, where we want you to celebrate the Summer Food Fights -- using summer produce, of course.
All you need to do is create the virtual summer dinner party of your dreams, and then share it with us. The winner gets a big basket of supplies from Edgeware, Dreamfarm, and FullCircle (see below for just some of the goods -- they're supplies that will help you with your non-virtual market fruits and vegetables!). Plus, we'll throw in some treats from FOOD52 and Saveur. All in all, it's a $300 kitty -- not too shabby just for spending a little time playing on Pinterest (you'd be doing that anyway, right?).
Here's how it works:
- Create a new board on Pinterest with "The FOOD52/Saveur Market Basket" in the title.
- Fill your board with at least 15 pins of recipes/tabletop goods/vital tools (but don't worry -- the more pins the merrier!). At least 4 pins must be from FOOD52, and at least 4 must be from Saveur.
- Your recipes should use up as many ingredients in the market basket as possible (peaches, nectarines, apricots, plums, corn, eggplant, summer squash, and tomatoes).
- All of the pins (even those not from FOOD52 or Saveur) should be hashtagged with #food52 #saveur #summerfoodfights.
- Once your pinboard is complete, enter the contest by posting a link to it in the comments section of the contest announcement on Pinterest by Wednesday, August 8 at noon EST.
-- Points for creativity, seasonality, cohesive theme -- we'll get together with Saveur and pick the party we'd most want to be invited to!
Let the pinning begin!
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.