For the next two weeks, we're hosting our own Summer Food Fights on FOOD52 -- come play along! Big prizes await.
UPDATE: We have a winner!
Congrats to Susan Rubinsky, whose Surf Shack Weekend board won our contest with Saveur.com! We all loved her choice of summery recipes, and her supplementary photos -- like the scene-setting shots of the beach, the sand-dusted conch shells, and the shed filled with fishing gear -- won us over.
Thank you to everyone who played along!
See all that gorgeous produce right there? We want you to use it. All of it. Welcome to The Food52/Saveur Market Basket Pinterest Challenge, where we want you to celebrate the Summer Food Fights -- using summer produce, of course.
All you need to do is create the virtual summer dinner party of your dreams, and then share it with us. The winner gets a big basket of supplies from Edgeware, Dreamfarm, and FullCircle (see below for just some of the goods -- they're supplies that will help you with your non-virtual market fruits and vegetables!). Plus, we'll throw in some treats from FOOD52 and Saveur. All in all, it's a $300 kitty -- not too shabby just for spending a little time playing on Pinterest (you'd be doing that anyway, right?).
Here's how it works:
- Create a new board on Pinterest with "The FOOD52/Saveur Market Basket" in the title.
- Fill your board with at least 15 pins of recipes/tabletop goods/vital tools (but don't worry -- the more pins the merrier!). At least 4 pins must be from FOOD52, and at least 4 must be from Saveur.
- Your recipes should use up as many ingredients in the market basket as possible (peaches, nectarines, apricots, plums, corn, eggplant, summer squash, and tomatoes).
- All of the pins (even those not from FOOD52 or Saveur) should be hashtagged with #food52 #saveur #summerfoodfights.
- Once your pinboard is complete, enter the contest by posting a link to it in the comments section of the contest announcement on Pinterest by Wednesday, August 8 at noon EST.
-- Points for creativity, seasonality, cohesive theme -- we'll get together with Saveur and pick the party we'd most want to be invited to!
Let the pinning begin!