If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
In amanda's description of the inspiration behind her recipe for beet greens, she mentions that she was raised with the mantra "thrifty in the kitchen, generous at the table". This meal embodies that ideal just about perfectly. Cod is usually inexpensive, and makes for a nice blank slate for flavorful accents like kalamata olives and tangy capers, while the leafy greens are made just a little bit extra delectable with a lightly creamy dressing. Healthy and comforting, this meal is everything a weeknight supper should be.
The Grocery List (for 2)
4 medium red potatoes
1 pound cod
6 kalamata olives
beet greens (from 2 bunches beets)
1/2 cup sour cream
We assume you already have garlic, olive oil, dried oregano, canned (or fresh!) tomatoes, capers, salt, pepper, cider vinegar, and sugar. If not, you'll need those too!
1. The beet greens need just a simple saute, so you'll want to tackle the fish first -- begin by roasting the potatoes.
2. While they roast, prep the remaining elements of the dish (tomatoes, etc.) as the recipe directs.
3. After the potatoes have been in the oven for 20 minutes, you'll make a spot in the pan for the fish, and let it all finish roasting together.
4. Beet green time! Saute them while the fish finishes up, and you should have a lovely hot meal in no time at all!
5. Sit down, relax and eat up. Generosity at the table, indeed!
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Food blog links we love.
Have a ball (jar).