Today: Amanda goes monochromatic with this Maple Cream Tart.
I'm sure you don't need another Thanksgiving dessert recipe to add to your list, and yet I must contribute just one more. This one, this maple cream tart, will go toe to toe with your pumpkin pie, and put any other dessert on the canvas.
It's the Tom Wolfe of tarts, nattily dressed in a single color. Its maple cream is gently sweet and as serene as its dune palette. The tart has a press-in crust (ideal for the holidays when counter space is at a premium) and a filling that can be whisked together in 2 minutes.
Make it the day before. Chill it in the fridge. Embrace its serenity.
Adapted from Left Bank in New York City
Makes one 9-inch tart
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
Maple Cream Filling:
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (preferably grade B)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Creme fraiche or Greek yogurt, for serving
Photos by James Ransom
Get $10 off your first purchase of $50 or more.