If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
This menu is simple and refreshing. Early summer peaches, not yet the ripe ones we'll get later, are perfect for this salad -- and the smoky, smooth shrimp salad sandwich is so much better than the sum of its parts. Eat this outside -- maybe with a sparkling beverage in your hands -- and enjoy your summer.
1 pound small or med. shrimp
1/2 cup dried chorizo, cut into 1/8-inch cubes
teaspoon lemon juice
2 small scallions, thinly sliced
2 handfuls baby arugula
4 ciabatta or kaiser rolls
2 1/2 pounds unripe peaches
2 tablespoons mint
We know you've got a well-stocked pantry so you'll have olive oil, salt, pepper, sugar, mayonnaise and garlic cloves. If not, add those to the list!
1. Toss all your peaches together with the sugar and salt, and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
2. Bring a medium saucepan filled with heavily salted water to a boil. Add the shrimp and turn off the heat. Let the shrimp rest for 3 minutes and test a shrimp to see if it's cooked through. If so, rinse under cold water for 15 seconds to cool slightly. If the shrimp are not ready, let them sit a little bit longer, but not too long!
3. Fold the mint, oil, and pepper into the peaches and keep refrigerated while you finish your sandwiches.
4. Meanwhile, cut up your chorizo, and make the aioli (whisk together the mayo, lemon juice, and garlic) and toss it all together.
5. Slice your rolls, add the shrimp salad, top with arugula, plate the peach salad and enjoy, preferably outside!
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.