Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master a cooking technique. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: Pour yourself a drink and toast to summer.
We never need an excuse to whip up a cocktail, but with fresh fruit and herbs abound, summer is an especially good time to do it. For most of us, the warm days of sitting outside with a refreshingly cold beverage in hand are numbered, so make the most of it and invite some friends over for a cocktail party. These links will help you be the hostess you've always wanted to be.
- First: stock up on ice cube trays, glasses and other cocktail essentials here. And select your ice carefully -- it matters. (Food52.)
- Summer is a simple, no-fuss season. Let your drinks reflect that. (New York Times.)
- But if you want to take your cocktails to the next level, use infused simple syrups. (Bon Appetit.)
- Pitcher drinks ensure you spend more time socializing and less time mixing. (The Kitchn.)
- Avoid these seven summer cocktail party pitfalls and you’ll be all set. (Serious Eats.)
What are your tips for serving summer cocktails? Tell us in the comments!
Get $10 off your first purchase of $50 or more.