We've scoured the web, found our favorite food blog posts, and now we're bringing them right to your desktop. It’s hard work, but someone has to do it.
The time between Labor Day and the official start of fall feels a bit like being stuck in limbo. While we're excited about the impending crisp days that call for sweaters and scarves and apple cider, we're not quite ready to say goodbye to leisurely outdoor happy hours and plum cakes. This weekend, go ahead and straddle the seasons -- have a picnic, eat some tomatoes, plan for football season, and crank up the oven during the cool evening hours to make scones. (And read these links, too.)
- We wish we could have a picnic in Sicily, but this orange and olive salad will have to be the next best thing. (La Tartine Gourmande.)
- Savor the end of summer with a simple roasted tomato pasta. (Tea & Cookies.)
- Tomatoes, zucchini, corn: this salad is an ode to summer. (Edible Perspective.)
- Football season is upon us. Make sure you're prepared with these (135!) recipes. (How Sweet It Is.)
- Break the rules and have pasta for breakfast. It’s the perfect vessel for eggs and bacon. (Joy the Baker.)
- The food blogging community continues to amaze us; Erin organized a virtual baby shower for a fellow blogger, complete with waffles. (Naturally Ella.)
- After you finish making Erin's waffles, keep the spelt flour out for these scones. (Dolly and Oatmeal.)
- Head to the woods this weekend, if only to make this campfire frittata. (The Year in Food.)
Which food blogs inspired you this week? Tell us in the comments!