If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by one I found on MyRecipes.com. The crust is what really makes this quiche unique. It's reminiscent of Southern cheese wafers or cheese straws and provides a nice, crunchy foil to the creamy chicken filling. The filling doesn’t use as many eggs or cheese as a typical quiche does, so it turns out a little looser in texture than a traditional custard–style one. To give your filling more eye-appeal, use orange-colored cheese (instead of white cheddar like I used) and add lots of fresh herbs. —Leah
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup white onion, minced
- 1/4 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives (or other fresh herbs), chopped
- 3-4 drops tabasco or other hot sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well. Add oil; stir well. Firmly press mixture in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine sour cream and next three ingredients; stir with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients.
- Pour chicken mixture over prepared crust. Sprinkle a layer of grated parmesan cheese on top of chicken filling.
- Arrange the pecan halves in radial lines on top of the parmesan-topped filling.
- Bake at 350° F for 55 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
A can-do tool.