Author Notes: Orange and Anise is my favorite citrus/spice combination. I love the tart orange and lemon curd with the rich licorice buttery crust. - NWB
- 1/2 cup Fresh squeezed orange juice (1 big orange)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- zest of one orange and one lemon
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cups flour
- 8 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- pinches salt
- 1 tablespoon ground anise
- Preheat oven to 325. Using a cuisinart, knives, a pastry cutter, or your hands grind 3/4 cup flour, powdered sugar, salt, anise, and butter until the butter has been broken down into small pieces. Press the mixture into a 8" tart pan. Bake until lightly toasted, 20-30 minutes.
- Let crust cool. Mix eggs and sugar until well combined. Add juice and zest and mix well. Add flour. Pour into tart dish and bake until set, 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool and dust top with powdered sugar.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)