If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Orange and Anise is my favorite citrus/spice combination. I love the tart orange and lemon curd with the rich licorice buttery crust. —NWB
- 1/2 cup Fresh squeezed orange juice (1 big orange)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- zest of one orange and one lemon
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup flour
- 8 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- pinches salt
- 1 tablespoon ground anise
- Preheat oven to 325. Using a cuisinart, knives, a pastry cutter, or your hands grind 3/4 cup flour, powdered sugar, salt, anise, and butter until the butter has been broken down into small pieces. Press the mixture into a 8" tart pan. Bake until lightly toasted, 20-30 minutes.
- Let crust cool. Mix eggs and sugar until well combined. Add juice and zest and mix well. Add flour. Pour into tart dish and bake until set, 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool and dust top with powdered sugar.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.