If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This versatile tart is great as an entree or I have made mini tarts as appetizers. Always a crowd pleaser! - agh2862
For Tart Crust
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons ice water
For Tart Filling
- 4 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces package frozen white corn, thawed
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Manchego cheese, grated
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make Crust: In a food processor pulse together flour, spices, and salt until combined. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add ice water and pulse until mixture forms a dough. Press dough evenly onto bottom and sides of a 10-inch tart pan with removable fluted rim and chill 15 minutes, or until firm. Line shell with foil and fill with rice or dried beans and bake crust 10 minutes. Carefully remove foil and bake crust crust 10 minutes more or until golden. Cool crust in pan on a rack.
- Make Filling: In a food processor puree 1 1/2 cup canned beans with sour cream until smooth and season with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil over medium high heat and saute corn with salt and pepper to taste about 2 minutes. Cool corn. In a large bowl stir together corn, whole beans, bell pepper, cilantro, Monterery Jack, Manchego, salt, cumin, jalapenos, and scallions. Spread bean puree evenly onto crust and mound with remaining filling. Bake tart about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let tart cool in pan on a rack 15 minutes. Remove rim of pan and serve tart warm or at room temperature with Lime Cumin sour cream. Lime Cumin Sour Cream: 1 cup sour cream 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice 1 teaspoon ground cumin In a bowl whisk sour cream with lime juice and cumin with salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)