If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an old family recipe from one of my aunts. It was a favorite and despite being an old recipe it is good for the health conscious, since it does not use too much fat.
—Eliana M de Simone Ferreira
For the crust
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the filling
- 1 packet grated coconut (not the dry kind)
- or 1 freshly grated coconut
- 2 whole eggs beatten
- 1 cup sugar
- Make well into flour in a bowl, add all other ingredients for the crust and mix well, forming a ball, let it rest while you prepare the filling.
- Add sugar to well beaten eggs, beat again to mix well, add grated coconut.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Arrange the dough , piece by piece, flattening as you go, in the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan with a removable bottom, it is not necessary to butter the pan. Mix the filling again and pour it on top of the dough in the pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean. Let it cool on a rack, remove from the pan and serve. Serves 8.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Churn with confidence.
A board to go nuts over.