If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My grandma likes to gift me with jars of lingonberry preserves sold at Ikea. After failing to incorporate them into a tart with vanilla custard (too runny), the idea for a tart with just the jam seemed so much simpler - and super easy! Because lingonberries are pretty tart, I added a few spoonfuls of strawberry jam. —kelisenk
Makes 1 tart
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4.5 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 14 tablespoons chilled, unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons or more cold water
- 1.5 cups (about 14 oz) lingonberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons or more strawberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Blend flour, sugar, and salt in food processor 5 seconds or whisk in large bowl if using pastry blender. Add butter, and blend until coarse meal forms. Add egg, egg yolk, and water. Blend until moist pea-sized clumps form, adding teaspoonfuls of water if dough is dry. Gather dough into ball, divide into 2 pieces, 1 slightly larger than the other. Wrap and chill at least 1 hour and up to a day.
- Roll out larger dough piece onto floured surface to 12-inch round. Transfer to 9-inch diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Fold in overhang and press, forming double-thick sides. If desired, roll out small dough piece to 11-inch round and cut into 1/2-inch wide strips to create lattice pattern over filling.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir preserves, lemon peel, and almond extract in small bowl to blend. Spoon filling into crust in pan. Bake tart for 55 minutes or until crust is golden and filling bubbles thickly. Cool tart in pan and store at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.