If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This easy to make recipe came partially from my mom and me. My father loves tarts and apples but I love desserts with almonds so this idea was born. When I was a kid, me and my sister were too skinny, so my mom use to put condensed milk in everything sweet she made. This tart is a creation of love. - Bela
- 1 can condensed milk
- 4 large apples
- 2 eggs
- 7 ounces goya Maria cookies
- 7 tablespoons chilled butter
- 1 shot port wine (2 Tbs)
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a food processor, using on/off button mix cookies, butter and port wine until a ball forms. Spread the dough in a tart pan.
- Peel 2 apples and core, then grind in the food processor with 2/3 of the condensed milk with the 2 eggs and 1/2 cup almonds. Fill the tart pan with the mixture.
- Peel the other 2 apples and slice evenly and make a concentric design on the top of the filling. Spread the rest of the condensed milk over apples. Bake in the hot oven for 40 minutes until apples are golden brown. Serve at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.