If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am not sure how this came about, except for the recolection of Alice in Wonderland.
- 1 sheet frozen puff fastry, thawed
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 banana, sliced into rounds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup light treacle (can use golden syrup or equal parts light corn syrup and honey)
- Preheat oven to 425F, and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Cut the pastry into quarter, making 4 squares. Place them on the tray. Score a half inch border around the pastry, but do not cut through. Dot the inside of the pastry with fork holes.
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese wth the sugar and sour cream. Spread this inside the tarts, and top with banana slices.
- Brush the tart boarders with egg and bake for about 15 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the treacle in a saucepan. When tarts are done, brush them with the warm treacle.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.