Author Notes: I am not sure how this came about, except for the recolection of Alice in Wonderland.
- 1 sheet frozen puff fastry, thawed
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 banana, sliced into rounds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup light treacle (can use golden syrup or equal parts light corn syrup and honey)
- Preheat oven to 425F, and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Cut the pastry into quarter, making 4 squares. Place them on the tray. Score a half inch border around the pastry, but do not cut through. Dot the inside of the pastry with fork holes.
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese wth the sugar and sour cream. Spread this inside the tarts, and top with banana slices.
- Brush the tart boarders with egg and bake for about 15 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the treacle in a saucepan. When tarts are done, brush them with the warm treacle.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)