Author Notes: I gained a lot of inspiration for this recipe when I made the old, Southern Fruit Tart like what Paula Deen makes. However, I make this by adding avocados and key lime to the filling, and topping it with a homemade whipped cream and lime zest. The addition of macadamia nuts to the crust makes this a tropical delight! - AimeeSavors
Macadamia Nut Tart Crust
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened and cubed
Avocado Key Lime Filling
- 1 packet (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup very cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced for garnish
- Mix macadamia nuts, powdered sugar, flour and butter in food processor until it forms a ball. Remove dough and press into a 12 inch tart pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, key lime juice, avocados and vanilla together.
- Spread filling over cooled crust.
- Allow tart to chill for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, keep mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for whipped cream.
- Add very cold heavy whipping cream to chilled bowls and slowly mix until peaks begin to form, and slowly add sugar. Beat until peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream over center of tart mixture. Add lime zest on top of whipped cream.
- Serve with sliced mangoes for a tropical garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)