If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I gained a lot of inspiration for this recipe when I made the old, Southern Fruit Tart like what Paula Deen makes. However, I make this by adding avocados and key lime to the filling, and topping it with a homemade whipped cream and lime zest. The addition of macadamia nuts to the crust makes this a tropical delight! - AimeeSavors
Macadamia Nut Tart Crust
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened and cubed
Avocado Key Lime Filling
- 1 packet (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup very cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced for garnish
- Mix macadamia nuts, powdered sugar, flour and butter in food processor until it forms a ball. Remove dough and press into a 12 inch tart pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, key lime juice, avocados and vanilla together.
- Spread filling over cooled crust.
- Allow tart to chill for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, keep mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for whipped cream.
- Add very cold heavy whipping cream to chilled bowls and slowly mix until peaks begin to form, and slowly add sugar. Beat until peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream over center of tart mixture. Add lime zest on top of whipped cream.
- Serve with sliced mangoes for a tropical garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)