If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a take on two of my favorite pies, sweet potato, and pecan! My mom makes the best of both so I combined her recipes and of course, it made simply the best. It's sticky because of the delicious pecan caramel sauce. This dessert is well-worth the time and effort: sweet, salty, and sensational! - danid320
Pecan Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
Sweet Potato Filling, Pecan Caramel Sauce, and Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 3 cups pureed cooked sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup (light)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- First make the pie crusts; Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add flour, nuts, and sugar. Mix with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Press into pie pan. Bake for 9 minutes, leave oven on and set crust aside.
- Combine sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar, with an electric mixer for about a minute.
- Then add 1 cup evaporated milk, pumpkin pie spice, orange zest, and orange juice. Mix well.
- Pour sweet potato mixture evenly over the pie crust and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the pecan caramel sauce. Pour 3/4 cup of sugar in a small saucepan.
- Combine 1 cup water and corn syrup and evenly pour over the sugar.
- Cook on medium-high heat without stirring for 15 minutes, until the sauce turns golden brown and sugar crystals dissolve.
- Remove from heat and whisk in evaporated milk. Then, slowly stir in butter, and pecans with a small wooden spoon.
- When the pie comes out of the oven, let cool for approximately 15 minutes. Then, drizzle pecan caramel sauce over the pie evenly.
- Then, whip whipping cream and remaining 1/2 cup sugar until it forms soft peaks. Fold in cinnamon until it is evenly distributed (about 10 strokes).
- Serve pie slightly warm with cinnamon whipped cream on top!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
All you need for Memorial Day.
Cast your vote!
Mortar and pestle perfection.