If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this dish to go alongside the Roasted Feta with Thyme Honey recipe that I absolutely loved. If you want to serve a crowd and turn this into an appetizer, after cooking the monkfish, cut into half-inch discs. With some garnishy type stuff, it can be a cute little appy as well! As a main, I generally serve it with orzo with a heavy sprinkling of grated cheese, and garnish with EVOO, lemon zest, and a bit of finely chopped italian parsley. You could definitely add in some cherry tomatoes and/or crumbled greek feta if you like. - TheVealWhisperer
- 4 Monkfish fillets, trimmed of tough membranes.
- 7-8 Slices of Speck, or prosciutto. Think 2 per fillet.
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped.
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- .25 cups extra virgin olive oil, plus a teeny bit to drizzle in the pan.
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano.
- Preheat your oven to 350. Get a large pan (that can hold the fillets) up to medium-high heat with a small bit of oil.
- Combine the anchovy, garlic clove, oregano, and olive oil in a small bowl (I add a bit of S & P too), mix and rub all over the cleaned monkfish fillets.
- Wrap each monkfish fillet in 2 pieces of speck. Try to make the hanging ends meet on the bottom, but its not catastrophic if they don't.
- Place the wrapped fillets into the pan and fry for 2 minutes per side. Even if you didn't get the dangling ends of the speck to meet up neatly, the heating will make the structure stand up pretty well when you turn.
- After frying on both sides, put the fillets into an oven-safe pyrex dish or whatever you have/like. Put into the pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes. Voila!
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
Raise a (recycled) glass.