If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love wild blackberry pies! When blackberries are slim pickings, I make an apple pie and add at least 3/4 cups of berries. The blackberry flavor compliments the apples wonderfully. —good_spring
- 3 medium apples sliced
- 3/4 cup blackberries
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter, cut up
- 1 double pie crust, uncooked
- I use a Pillsbury's Pet-Ritz All Vegetable deep dish frozen pie crust or make a double crust with Crisco's vegetable shortening.
- Fill one crust with apple slices. Spread the blackberries evenly over the apples,
- Sprinkle the flour over the apple/berry mixture.
- Pour the sugar over the apple/berry mixture. Save 1 tsp of sugar to sprinkle on top of the crust.
- Place cut up butter randomly over the mixture. Save 1/2 of the butter to place on top of the crust .
- Place the top crust on. Poke holes with a fork to vent.
- Sprinkle a bit of sugar on the crust and dot with more bits of butter top of the crust.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.