Author Notes: I love wild blackberry pies! When blackberries are slim pickings, I make an apple pie and add at least 3/4 cups of berries. The blackberry flavor compliments the apples wonderfully. - good_spring
- 3 medium apples sliced
- 3/4 cups blackberries
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter, cut up
- 1 double pie crust, uncooked
- I use a Pillsbury's Pet-Ritz All Vegetable deep dish frozen pie crust or make a double crust with Crisco's vegetable shortening.
- Fill one crust with apple slices. Spread the blackberries evenly over the apples,
- Sprinkle the flour over the apple/berry mixture.
- Pour the sugar over the apple/berry mixture. Save 1 tsp of sugar to sprinkle on top of the crust.
- Place cut up butter randomly over the mixture. Save 1/2 of the butter to place on top of the crust .
- Place the top crust on. Poke holes with a fork to vent.
- Sprinkle a bit of sugar on the crust and dot with more bits of butter top of the crust.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)