If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this recipe up for my husband for Valentine's Day because I knew he would just love it. It has everything that he loves in a meal...meat and potatoes! I love that it can be made ahead and heated as needed. Sometimes I change it up and add pepper jack cheese and chipotle peppers to the sour cream. —MandG
- 8 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup dried sourdough bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 teaspoons salt, separted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 8 ounces top sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon steak grill seasoning
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Put potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer until tender. Drain and let cool until you can handle them. Peel and mash in a mixing bowl. Stir in olive oil, eggs, pepper and remaining salt. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the onion in butter over medium heat until soft: about 7-10 minutes. Remove from onions from pan. Place 1 Tablespoon oil in pan over medium high heat. Sprinkle meat with grill seasoning and place in hot pan to sear. Cook for 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes. Slice thinly.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Oil a 9-inch spring form pan and coat the inside with the bread crumbs. Spoon half of the potatoes in the pan. In a small bowl combine sour cream and chives: spread over the potatoes. Next spread 1/2 the cheese, 1/2 onions and 1/2 cooked beef. Top with remaining potatoes and remaining cheese, onions and beef.
- Bake covered for 1/2 hour and remove cover and bake another 1/2 hour or until the potatoes are golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Carefully remove the spring form ring and serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.