If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This tart has no history....I've just been thinking about almond flavored anything all week....... —inpatskitchen
Makes 1 ten inch tart
- 1 8 ounce package almond biscotti ( about 10 pieces) or enough to make 2 cups when crumbed
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place the biscotti in the bowl of a food processor and process until fine crumbs are formed.
- Thoroughly combine the crumbs with the butter and press into a 10 inch tart pan going up the sides if possible.
- Bake the tart shell in a 350F oven for 15 minutes.
- 1 cup whole milk, heated to almost boiling
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- sliced almonds, chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, or fruits of the season for garnish
- In a double boiler over simmering water quickly whisk the egg yolks, sugar and flour together.
- Slowly add the hot milk, whisking constantly.
- Whisk over the heat until the mixture forms a custard like consistency. Add the vanilla and almond extracts. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Beat the ricotta until it softens and then add to the custard mixture and thoroughly incorporate.
- Pour the ricotta custard mixture into the tart shell and bake at 325F for 30 minutes or until the center is set.
- Cool to room temperature.Garnish with sliced almonds, chocolate or fruit of the season.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.
- NOTE: I think that the next time I make this I'll use my 10 inch quiche pan...the crust is very delicate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Pie
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)