Author Notes: While you will need a madeleine pan (with scallop-shaped depressions), there is really no trick to these little tea cakes. I love the faint floral aroma from the orange flower water, but rose water would be lovely also. - CozyDelicious
Makes about 18
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2/3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinches salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon orange flower water
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray the madeleine pan with cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Using a wisk, whip the eggs, orange flower water, butter, and all but 1 tablespoon of the sugar until very well combined and somewhat thick. Fold in the flour mixture.
- Fill the madeleine cups 3/4 full. Bake about 8 minutes until the edges are lightly brown. Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Dust with the reserved powdered sugar.