If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The sweet potato and the ricotta play off each other perfectly. But the real winner is the crust...it has a tang from lemon and sour cream that really pulls the whole thing together. Rustic and simple. Extremely addicting. - jkristopik
- 1.25 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- 1 egg, for wash
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh julienned-sliced basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the pastry: Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Add in chopped and chilled butter with a pastry blender until butter is the size of peas.
- Whisk together ice water, sour cream, and lemon. Add to flour-butter mixture with a wooden spoon. Stir until large clumps form, then use hands to bring dough together in a ball. Do not overwork! Add more water or flour if necessary. Cover dough ball with plastic and freeze for 20 minutes.
- For the filling: In a bowl, mix together all the cheeses. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Combine the garlic and olive oil together. Toss with the sliced sweet potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Get the dough out of the freezer, and flour a work surface and rolling pin. Roll out the dough to a large circle, approximately 12 inches in diameter.
- Spread the ricotta mixture over the pastry, leaving a 2 inch border all the way around. Arrange the sweet potatoes in concentric circles on top of the mixture. Fold the pastry dough over the sweet potatoes, crimping to form a crust.
- Transfer galette to a baking sheet lined with parchment. Brush the crust with a beaten egg. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with the sliced basil. Enjoy immediately or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.