If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For some reason, especially this year with all the snow we've had, I am really looking forward to the joys of warmer weather and vacations. I also think of people on beaches, sipping tropical drinks like Pina Coladas with umbrellas in them! That inspired the idea for this tart - the tastes of pineapple, lemon, cream cheese and coconut! The perfect late winter vacation where everything is fresh...all wrapped up in a wonderful tart! - aallender
Pie Crust and Cream Cheese filling
- 1/2 8 oz pkg. Cream Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pinapple juice (reserved from can of crushed pineapple)
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 Refrigerated rolled pie crust
- 1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 4.3 oz box of Lemon Pudding Mix
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 20 oz can Crushed Pineapple (and remaining juice)
- 1/4 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll pie crust and press into tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Mix softened cream cheese, Ricotta cheese, eggs, sugar, vanilla, pineapple juice and rum extract until creamy and pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool
- While cooling, prepare lemon pudding on stovetop, mixed with egg yolks and coconut and cook until a low boil and thickened.
- Pour onto cooled cream cheese tart and top with toasted coconut.
- refrigerate for at least an hour. Slide tart out of tart pan onto a serving plate, slice and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
Go strawberries, it's sherbet day.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Rock the roast.
Be shelf smart.
This is poppin'.