Author Notes: This week I wanted to do something fresh and super simple, with a hint of sophistication. The thyme, honey and Pecorino Romano jazz up this basic ricotta dish. And the idea of baking the ricotta was exactly the hint of sophistication I was seeking. Serve the ricotta warm, with sliced toasts or a nice side salad. Enjoy!
*Photo taken by my dear friend @ ramellross.com
* This recipe was inspired by Gourmet Girl - Table9
- 1 cup Homemade Ricotta
- 1/3 cup Freshly Grated Pecorino Romano
- Grated Zest of One Lemon
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Thyme, Minced
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 2 Eggs, Separated
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter two 8 ounce ramekins.
- In a small bowl, whip egg whites with a hand-mixer until peaks form.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, Pecorino Romano, lemon zest, thyme, 2 egg yolks, salt and pepper until blended. Fold in 1/3 of the whipped egg whites. Fold in remaining egg whites.
- Divide mixture between the two ramekins. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove and drizzle with honey and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves. Let cool for only a few minutes as this ricotta is best served warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta